P.o. Box 1890
let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Parksville/Qualicum
Walk on waterfront escape! Enjoy dramatic views of the coastal mountains. Fly fish in front of your home. This waterfront lot has a small cabin and is ready for your new home ideas -- cottage, residence? Bring your ideas and build for your future. Great price and location!
Located on the sunny eastern shores of Vancouver Island, the ever-popular Beachcomber Peninsula is a lovely area known for its quiet streets, marina, picturesque beaches, regional park with walking trails, and an abundance of nature including eagles, seals, sea lion, and resident deer. Here you'll find this light, bright, and charming 2720 sqft 3-4 Bed/3 Bath home on a nicely landscaped .25 acre lot boastin...
Irresistible Piece of Paradise now available. Incredible main level entry townhome with spectacular views, steps to the beach and Rathtrevor Provincial Park. The best of both worlds; complete access to the Park and all of it's amenities; miles and miles of sandy beach, hiking and biking trails, playgrounds, nature hut, & with the modern conveniences of in unit laundry, gas fireplace, spacious updated kitchen ...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
With a passion for a balanced and healthy lifestyle, it was a natural fit for Rita Callan to move to Vancouver Island. With over 20 years in Business Administration and 17 years operating a small personal business, Rita’s family and friends encouraged her to start a career in Real Estate.
Rita epitomizes energy, hard work and honesty and does absolutely everything in her power to ensure her client’s success.
Born and raised in Newfoundland, Rita has also lived in Ontario, Yukon, and Alberta. She enjoys music and dance but her real passion is fishing on the ocean which the island lifestyle provides to her and her husband.